I like to make up things when I cook, but always forget to share. Here is a health conscious pizza I came up with goodies from Trader Joes.
- Whole Wheat Lavash Bread (TJ Brand) 220 calories (110 per half)
- Sliced Lite Cheddar (TJ brand) – two slices 140 calories (70 a slice)
- Fresh basil from TJ’s
- Fresh sliced red onion from TJ’s
- California Garlic Powder (TJ brand)
- Oregano (TJ brand)
- TJ’s Diced and No Salt Added Canned Tomatoes 1/3 cup – 30 calories
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1/2 TBSP – 60 calories
Total: 450 calories.
(To save 180 calories, only use 1/2 of the Lavash Bread and one slice of cheese for a total of 270 calories!)
Take a piece of the Whole Wheat Lavash Bread and fold in half. Take 1/3 cup of the canned tomatoes and spread over the bread. Top this with pieces of basil (chopped or whole). Cover the basil with two broken up pieces of the lite cheddar cheese slices. Add onions here if you like em!
To finish, glaze the top of the pizza with the olive oil and sprinkle with the California garlic powder and oregano.
Cook in your toaster oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Enjoy!