While I created this website to help make the statement that hybrid girls like me exists – it was also to help fuel younger women and encourage them (like my 13 year old niece).
Check out this video and the website it came from:
What happens when a girl gets a chance?
- When a girl in the developing world receives seven or more years of education, she marries four years later, and has 2.2 fewer children.
- Educated girls grow into educated women, who — research shows — have healthier babies and are more likely to educate their children.
- When girls and women earn income, they reinvest 90% of it into their families, as compared to only 30-40% for a man.
- An extra year of primary school boosts girls’ future wages by 10-20%.
- An extra year of secondary school boosts girl’s future wages by 15-25%.